The VR gaming revolution has arrived, and chances are you’ll be caught up in it soon. Virtual Reality is making its way into our dens and games rooms, taking video game fun to the next level. We are entering a new era in home entertainment. But is your room set up properly to make the most of the VR experience?
Many people don’t believe they can enjoy VR gaming because they believe that they don’t have enough space at home for it. In reality, that’s probably not the case for most people. If you go with Vive, the minimum space required for roomscale VR is just 5 x 6.5 feet. If you cannot find that area, you can also go for seated or standing VR experience.
VR enthusiasts are rearranging and redesigning their rooms for the latest VR games during the lockdown, and you can too!
Shortcut To Great Content
Best VR Gaming Accessories
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Best CyberpowerPC Gamer Xtreme VR Gaming PC
Great Computer – This computer does EVERYTHING. You don’t even know how they got it down to this price point. The processor is the newest one, in fact, there were advertisements for it during E3, the 4 fans work great. And it has an SSD. And it supports VR. And it has 6 cores. This is worth FAR MORE than this price.
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Best Oculus Quest 2
Blown away – High resolution. If you want a standing, room-scale headset for that AND PC VR this is the headset you want. If you play seated VR and don’t care about room-scale you want the HP Reverb Pro. VERY clear image quality, nearly zero SDE (screen door effect), fantastic price,
great game selection (with the proper USB cable play any Steam VR game).
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Best VR Dust Cover For Oculus Quest 2
Works well – If you store your quest anywhere where there could be sunlight (Any Room) This is a must-have to avoid sun damage through the lenses. The cover doesn’t scratch and it’s an overall good product with a fair price.’
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Best VR Face Cover For Oculus Quest 2
Good quality – This silicone cover fits perfectly and feels great. Actually, get less light from outside into the mask in dark scenes or watching a movie. A quick wipe down and it’s ready for the next sweaty monkey.
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Best VR Controller Grip Cover For Oculus Quest 2
Worth a try – You compromised a little comfort with the Mamut Grips. They also had these shoelace styles that wrapped around your hand. Now the AMVR Grips are much more comfortable in the hand. And the elastic band instead of shoelaces is a big improvement too. Much more comfortable and easier to adjust. You only have one thing to pull to adjust it and you can do it fairly quickly. Definitely give these a try!
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Best VR Mat
Play safe – While almost all current VR systems offer some type of virtual boundary to warn you of your play space. In comes the Proximate. It seems like such a basic concept but in VR, it’s extremely helpful in centering yourself – especially in a tight area. The Proximate ensures you don’t wander into the closet or find yourself punching a hole in the wall. The rubber studs (especially the middle one) help to ensure you’re not only on the mat but centered and in the best place to not destroy a TV or my bedroom. Even if the game gets intense, you’re tactically aware of that rubber stud in the middle and know you’re “safe”.
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Best Hard Travel Case For Oculus Quest 2
Much better than the “official” Oculus Quest case – Very sturdy case, quality construction, love the darkened red color. The Interior is molded to hold the quest and controllers securely. A solid handle and shoulder strap are a nice addition.
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Best Headset Cable For Oculus Quest 2
Stay connected – This cable solved all the issues. Worth the money.
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Best VR Cable Management
Fantastic – These are fantastic and will definitely hold your VR headset out of the way while using it. They are quiet and very well built. For those planning on using the adhesive hooks, get some of the 3M command hooks and use those to set this up at first. Use it that way until you know EXACTLY where you want to position the hooks.
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Best VR Gaming Stand
In love – They’re very lightweight. When deployed the bases are very stable. Two things to keep in mind: you will really want to lock down the head unit when a lighthouse is on because the vibration it generates can loosen the nut if you don’t tighten it enough. DO NOT LET THIS THING DROP, especially if it’s extended! The bag is a nice touch.
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Best VR Lens Pen
Best – Better than the wipes.
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Best VR Head Strap
Love it – This halo strap significantly improves your experience with Oculus. The packaging is not very nice and doesn’t come with a manual. The built quality is not outstanding but the cushion very soft and comfortable. There are no instructions on how to attach it to the headset so make sure you check it out on google.
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Best VR Headset Wall Mount Storage
Works perfectly – It’s a very sturdy piece of metal cut out in a shape and bent to hold VR headsets on, with rounded edges. It attaches to the wall with screws (which are provided). The finish is very nice. Simple…good idea. Works like a champ. Looks good.
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Best VR Headset Table Stand
This is a great stand for your headset and controllers!! – This one leaves a good 1 1/2″ gap from the lenses, and that’s with the thinner leather face mask insert and not the original, thicker foam mask!! Super easy to set up and not top-heavy. Wish it had a cable wrap but not a big deal. Highly recommend!!
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Best VR Gaming Earphones
Perfect purchase – The default strap provided by oculus is very thin and shaving your wrist?These feel sturdier and comfortable.
Best VR Games For Small Spaces
Some popular VR games for small spaces include Space Pirate Trainer and Fantastic Contraption.
Home VR Gaming Room Setup
In general, you need these to be VR ready for your home/room:
- VR Gaming System
- A VR Ready computer with 1 free HDMI port on your graphics card and 1 free USB port
- A monitor, keyboard and mouse
- An internet connection
- Your headset will be tethered to your PC – make sure your play area is nearby.
- Your base stations will each need a power outlet, and an unobstructed view of the other base station. The maximum distance between base stations is 5 meters (16ft).
- For room scale VR, you need an obstacle free area of a minimum of 2 meters by 1.5 meters(6.5ft x 5ft)
- There is no minimum space requirement for seated and standing VR experiences
Gaming VR Den For Multiplayers
Are you planning to include a VR gaming den for your entertainment room? Or maybe you are thinking of starting a community VR game center like Virtuality?
How exciting! Depending on the party size and preference of players, there are a lot of styles of play and choices of game,
- VR racing: You need gaming rigs, chairs, pedals and steering wheels. Families can compete against each other to get the best time, or more serious players can compete on a national circuit through services such as iRacing.
- VR arcade: This design is for “free roam” setting for group-based games such as competitive shooters or virtual escape rooms.
- VR bay: This design allow players to play individually with some privacy. Dividers lined with neon lights are installed in the big room as needed.
- VR simulation chairs: These chairs provide an immersive experience with movement and other environmental elements.
How To Build A Virtual Reality Room?
To heighten the feeling of immersion and experience the most VR has to offer, you’re going to need a room-scale play area where you have enough room to move around freely. To build that ‘VR room’ at home, here are the steps to follow
- Choose your VR gaming system: Leading systems like Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and PS4 VR have different setup requirements.
- Decide where will be the ‘VR room’: Will it be a dedicated area? or it will be a decluttered corner of the living room, bedroom, home office?
- Make sure the space is safe: Get it free of obstacles and other things that might affect tracking. Do not forget to check the ceiling, low hanging lights or ceiling fans can be potential risks.
- Get solid network connection: For multiplayer gaming in VR, a wired Ethernet connection would probably be the best option. If you don’t have Ethernet wiring available, consider using a Powerline networking solution that uses your home’s electrical wiring to carry network signals.
- Remove items that will interference VR tracking: Look around if you notice a lot of tracking problem. Cover the mirrors, windows, and any objects that reflect light with fabric as they may interfere the motion tracking.
- Test various heights, angles and locations of the base stations: The optimal setting depends on the exact situation of the play area, so make sure you test things out before you mount them permanently.
- Manage the cables: Consider getting a ceiling-mounted cable management system, move the computer to another room, or using wireless cord replacement options to avoid cable-tripping.
- Get a comfortable flooring such as carpet with thick pad underneath or interlocking foam tiles: Many VR games require crawling, jumping, running in place, shooting, and all kinds of other maneuvers, you want to be safe and comfortable in your VR immersion.
- Set up a safe physical barrier between the play area and the spectator area: It can be a change of floor textures or placement of some cushions on floor, the VR gamer needs some subtle cues to not break the immersion but gets a warning that they should turn around or at least proceed with caution.
- Manage your display or storage: Some VR games might make use of real-world props such as gun stocks for virtual sniper rifles, golf club shafts, driving wheels, etc. You can display them on a wall or store them in cabinet till the next game time.
- Get good soundproof: so your neighbours do not complain.
- Get a ‘do not disturb’ door sign: So no one will disturb you in the middle of the game time.
Other Gamers Are Also Reading:
🎮 Trending Now
- Best VR Headsets That Will Bring You Out Of The Reality In 2021 – Buyer’s Guide
- Best PC Gaming Without A Desk Ideas 2021: Couch Gamer, Lazy Boy Recliner Setup, Gaming Cockpit, Gaming Bed…
- 8 Best Laptops For Doctors And Medical Students: Buyer’s Guide 2021
🎮 Gaming Gear
- Best Drones For Every Budget – Buyer’s Guide 2021
- Finding The Best Drone In The Coming Black Friday 2021? Holy Stone HS170 Review & Deals
- Best Budget Work-From-Home Or Gaming Chair To Buy During Covid In 2021
🎮 Gamine Room Interior
- Ultimate Geeky Room Decor Ideas 2021: How To Geek Out Your Home?
- Best Budget Work-From-Home Or Gaming Chair To Buy During Covid In 2021
- How To Build A Virtual Reality Room? Amazing VR Gaming Den Ideas To Copy 2021
🎮 Gaming Culture
- Should I Buy My Son/Daughter A Gaming PC? Kids Games Room Design, Setup Guide & Common Questions 2021
- 12+ Funny Happy Birthday Wishes, Quotes & Memes For Gamers (2021)
- 80+ Popular Anime Tattoos Design Ideas For Guys (Simple, Small, Badass, Black and White, Full Sleeve Different Styles 2021)
🎮 Best Gaming Laptop
- 5 Best 2-In-1 Convertible Laptop Under $600: Buyer’s Guide 2021
- What Are The Best Laptops Under $2000 In 2021?
- 5 Best 2-In-1 Convertible Laptops Under $700: Buyer’s Guide 2021
🎮 Best Drone