✅ DXRacer K Series Modular Gaming Chair with Extra Wide Large Backrest
Upgraded For Bigger Comfort – This 2021 K Series modular gaming chair is made larger than before to offer you a higher level of comfort. The seat base and backrest are both made 15% larger to give you the style, comfort, and endurance that you need for long-haul gaming sessions.
Even when you come close, something still seems off.
Even if gaming is usually a relaxing experience, sitting for long periods of time can have a long-term impact that can start to affect your health in the long run if you’re not careful.
Lumbar support= important for long-term comfort in gaming chairs.
I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again, this is why you can’t just grab an office desk chair and call it good.
Many of them are just not built with ergonomics in mind, and even you’re willing to fork over a wad of cash for those high-end office desk chairs like Herman Miller chairs, you’ll still be spending about the same amount of money.
But if you play your cards right, you can use your gaming chair in the office too.
Shortcut To Great Content
DXRacer King Series
- Overall Score: 9.4
- Comfort: 9.6/10
- Ease Of Assembly: 9.0/10
- Durability: 9.5/10
- Features: 9.5/10
- Lumbar Support
- High-Quality Materials
- Adjustment Capability/Features
- Great for Larger Gamers
- High Price Point
- Lumbar Cushion Can Be Uncomfortable
Why Do You Need A Gaming Chair?
If after a few hours of playing your favorite video game and you feel like you’ve been through the wringer, you’ve probably felt fatigue symptoms that are common with people who have poor posture.
This isn’t really your fault.
Not all chairs are designed the same way and that’s why ergonomics matter.
Ergonomic chairs use a variety of features to help keep you comfortable in one position for long periods of time. Things like pillowed headrests or backrests, adjustable armrests, and memory foam sponge to help you sink into your chair. All of it works together to keep you in a better posture for longer periods of time.
In other words, fatigue or fatigue symptoms usually start to set in when the gamer or user has been sitting or working in a poor posture for long periods of time. When you’re younger it’s easier to bounce back.
But when you get older, you may not be so lucky.
Not to mention that pain can be distracting. That’s the last thing you need when you’re trying to make a name for yourself.
A Glimpse On The Background
DXRacer originally started out by building high-quality racing seats which even today, the appearances of this seat and a top-end racing seat are pretty similar in qualities and design.
After promoting several gaming tournaments in 2014 and 2015, DXRacer carved out the niche for gaming chairs.
Today, most people are pulled in with the appearance of these gaming chairs.
But once it pulls you in with its alluring appearances, the memory foam and otherworldly comfort won’t let you go so easily.
We all know that looks are not everything though, but DXRacer didn’t make their claim to fame by building chairs that will fall apart in weeks or months.
All of their chairs are sturdily built and the steel frame is even backed by a 2-year warranty.
If you’re going to be spending $200+ on a gaming chair, it had better be worth it.
And I promise it is.
Why Choose The King Series?
Everyone who takes gaming seriously needs a gaming chair…
But why do you need the King Series?
The King Series stands out in a class of its own, and I’ll explain exactly how in this review.
Made for Above Average Sizing
If you’ve been having a difficult time finding a chair that would fit your bigger than average size, then you’ll be pleased to know that this series is made just for people that are at or under the 6’2 mark and 275lbs.
Makes your Gaming Station Stand out
If appearances matter to you, rest assured this chair will not just blend into the rest of your decor, so if you like stark contrasts, this is your chair.
It’s ballsy and gets attention.
Speaking of appearances, the appearance fits the name; it looks like a cross between a throne only a king would sit in and one of those super sweet race car seats.
The textured fabric is bumpy and leather-like which will hold up to extensive use. Some fabrics and materials have a habit of stretching or even cracking after some extended use.
Not DXRacer chairs.
And if you have a habit of spilling the entrails of your pizza pockets all over the place, just wipe down the seat and you’re ready to go again.Examples of Available Options
Are You Long And Lanky?
Anyone with longer legs knows that some chairs can make it awkward to sit in; either your legs just kinda hang awkwardly off the edge of the seat, or you feel like you’re compressed into a tiny little sardine can.
Because the gas lift makes it easy to adjust the chair to meet your comfort, you can elevate yourself just high enough to be able to rest your feet completely flat on the ground without the weird awkward bends or hanging.
Easy Adjustability to Fit Your Style
Most regular office chairs are limited in how little you can adjust them.
The King Series chairs can be tweaked or adjusted to suit your needs.
Not happy with the recline in the back seat?
Just adjust it using the lever.
Even the armrests are adjustable. You get a forward or back motion and or can twist them out or inwards in case you want to rest your forearms on the armrests or you just need more room to breathe.
Something you may want to keep in mind is that this is a one-person chair.
What do I mean?
Because of all the ways, you can adjust this chair, by the time you’ve found your “soft” spot, you probably don’t want to just let your friend borrow it so they can mess it all up again.
Ergonomics and Comfort are Priority with the King Series
A plush chair might feel comfortable for the first few minutes and even be more appealing, but over time you’ll start to notice the lack of lumbar support actually adds to your fatigue or soreness afterward.
This is why you shouldn’t just walk into an office supply store and let the salesman take the lead.
You’ll walk out with a plain ole’ office chair every single time.
I almost guarantee it.
Gaming chairs usually include extra cushions for both the head and lower back that help support you during long periods of time, but the lower cushion has a habit of moving on its own in the King series, so you might want to try adjusting it regularly, or just tossing it aside.
Ready To Rock
Like to rock? You can rock in any position without having to worry about whether or you’re not going to tip over or flip over on your back.
Or Just Lay Back
If you want to lay back and relax for some quick shut-eye after a long stretch of gaming, you can.
Even at a 170 recline angle, you can kick back and get some shut-eye comfortably if you kick your feet up on a desk…Despite how comfortable it is, probably not best to replace your bed.
2 Year Warranty and Lifetime Warranty? Say What?
If you’ve ever felt the frustration of sinking a lot of money into something, then you’ll know what a relief it is to find out that your investment is backed by a warranty. The King Series chair is backed by a two-year warranty on the parts and a lifetime warranty on the frame itself, so your investment isn’t wasted if something breaks, and that’s a big IF.
I doubt it will happen.
But just in case, you know?
Pros and Cons of the King Series
Not every chair is perfect, but the King may be the exception to the rule here! Still, the point of the King Series review is to check all the boxes, so I’ve listed all the pros and cons you should weigh below:
- Not going to lie. I was kind of astonished at how heavy this chair weighs. At 77lbs, it’s a big solid chair so the weight makes sense. Unfortunately, though, you probably won’t want to drag this chair to your friend’s house every weekend. Not unless you’re a glutton for punishment, that is. In my opinion, weight = quality in most cases, and I think that holds true here.
- Many users have remarked that it can be uncomfortable to sit in for the first few minutes. This is classic and normal. What’s going on is your body is trying to adjust to the new way you’re sitting. Ergonomic chairs will slowly force your body into a more desirable posture that is better for your health, so if you’ve been sitting in a non-ergonomic chair for a while, your body will need to adjust. Give it a chance to do so, you’ll thank me later.
- Something that every gamer struggles with is overheating. Whether the action just gets too intense or you produce heat like no other, your gaming chair can make the difference on whether or not you end your gaming session soaked in a sweaty mess. The King Series is resistant to sweat. What kind of sorcery is this?! I don’t know but this is exactly why you don’t just buy an office chair.
- The lower lumbar pillow can be uncomfortable to some, but if it bothers you so much, just toss it aside. It’s not fixed in position so you can remove it or replace it later.
- This chair is eye-catching. There’s no way around it; if you invite people over regularly, expect it to become a regular conversational piece.
- The investment of this chair can be a little high for some…but you get what you pay for.
Wrapping up the Review
If you’ve ever tried hunting down a gaming chair for someone that’s more huskily built, you know what a challenge it can be. There are several well-known gaming chair manufacturers, but not all of them cater to people who are a little over average or those of us who tip the scales just a tiny bit more than we should…
Fortunately for people like us, DXRacer has our backs.
Other Gamers Are Also Reading:
🎮 Trending Now
- Best PC Gaming Without A Desk Ideas 2021: Couch Gamer, Lazy Boy Recliner Setup, Gaming Cockpit, Gaming Bed…
- Best PC Controllers & Gamepad 2021: Buyer’s Guide
- How To Prepare The Best Subtle Geek Video Game Themed Wedding In 2021?
🎮 Gaming Gear
- Feeling Tickly On Your Gameplay? These 2021 Top Gaming Mouse Pads Will Lead You To Victory
- Game Anywhere On Your Lap! 15 Best Lap Desks Of 2021 For Gaming Conveniently – And Are They Worth Buying?
- Looking For Some Drone Deals On Black Friday 2021? DJI Mavic Pro Black Reviews
🎮 Gamine Room Interior
- 20+ Futuristic Sci Fi Themed Interior Design Ideas: Room For Gaming, Office, Living Room, Apartment, Lighting 2021
- Best PC Gaming Without A Desk Ideas 2021: Couch Gamer, Lazy Boy Recliner Setup, Gaming Cockpit, Gaming Bed…
- 60+ Attic Conversion Ideas: Small Simple Upstairs Loft Game Room Remodelling 2021
🎮 Gaming Culture
- The Best Online Activity With Friends: Famous Multiplayer Games For PC 2021
- NaGa DeMon – National Game Design Month: 4 Steps To Get Your Place 2021
- Best Gaming Motivation About Life: 37+ Cute Gamer Girl Quotes & Sayings 2021
🎮 Best Gaming Laptop
- What Are The Best Laptops Under $800 In 2021?
- Finding Notebooks For Online Gambling? Best Laptops For Gamblers 2021
- 8 Best Laptops For Streaming Netflix & YouTube: Buyer’s Guide 2021
🎮 Best Drone